cork chimney specialists
Welcome to Cork Chimney Specialists
Cork's Premier Chimney and Fire Stove Specialists
Chimneys Repaired and Relined | Fire Stove Installation
- Chimney Relining
- Chimney Rebuilding & Plastering
- Post Fire Inspection with DVD & Summary Report
- All Types of Cowls Fitted
- Chimney Cleaning
- Full Roof Repairs
- All Facia & Soffet Works
- Expert Stove Fitting by Certified Hetas Approved Installers
- Full Range of Stoves Supplied & Fitted
- Free Bag of Coal with All Stoves Fitted
Fire Stove Installation
About Our Company
Cork Chimney Specialists are in the Chimney Service and Stove Installation business for over 25 years. Operating mainly throughout Cork and the Munster region.
Cork Chimney Specialists provide a professional and reliable service to all our clients and have built up a loyal database largely based on referrals.
For a Job Done Right
THATS CLEAN & TIDY
- Fire Damaged Chimneys Repaired & Relined
- Dangerous Stacks Removed
- Chimneys Cleaned For Gas Conversions
- No Opening of Chimney Walls
- Saftey Statement & Safe Pass Card Available
- Video Camera Inspection Available
- Down Draught Problem Sloved
- Insurance Quotations Dealt With
- All Types of Chimney Cowls Installed
- Fire Backs, Roofs Repaired
Get in touch
Cork Chimney Specialists
Mobile: 087 993 7800
Tel/Fax: 021 484 3698
Email : email@example.com
MON-FRI 09:00am – 05:00pm
SAT 10:00am – 02:00pm
People have asked Us?
Homeowners are urged to have their chimneys inspected for creosote buildup and cleaned if necessary in the spring of each year. Chimney fires are characterized by loud cracking or popping noises and a lot of dense smoke from the flue, but often times go undetected by the homeowner.
When your chimney is not cleaned for a long time, a substance called creosote keeps building up in the flue during the use of the fireplace. This creosote is highly flammable and can lead to a dangerous chimney fire (an uncontrolled 2000 degree fire burning inside the chimney)
A wood burning stove is likely to be 65% efficient, while an open fire is 30% efficient at best. Typically (but not always) stoves are made of heavy-duty steel, so offer radiant heat, acting as a radiator, as well.
The cost of an installed fire stove starts around €1,500 and can get as high as about €5,000. The average wood stove will cost from €3,000 to €3,500, installed.
Most of the heat escapes out of the chimney, leaving the room feeling cooler than it should be. On the other hand, wood burning stoves can provide 3x as much heat with 1/3 of the firewood, meaning they are more efficient and offer more heating power than open burning fireplaces.